Below are details of our current vacancies.
- To maximise sales of books, maps and cards at the museum, fairs, to trade and by mail order.
- To control inventory of publications, plan reprints and consult on new publications. To administer the Print-on-Demand account, ISBNs and legal deposit.
- To organise the physical stock at the museum.
- To provide necessary paperwork for Duty Officers to record sales. To maintain sales records and provide financial information to Museum Committee treasurer.
Weekly duties : (30 mins – 1 ½ hours)
- Visit the museum and check the displays of stock are appropriate.
- Ensure blank sheets are available for Duty Officers.
- To check pigeonhole, emails and website for sales and fulfil them.
Quarterly duties : (2-3 hours)
- Collate sales records (stock and cash) and forward to treasurer.
- Assess stock, reordering from POD stock or other suppliers as necessary.
Annually : (2-3 hours)
- Physical stock take.
- Check for royalty payments.
- As required : (2-3 hours)
- Liaise about stock for fairs – select and record stock for sale.
- New publications – check title versos and allocate ISBN.
How to apply